Hey there! :)
So, Continuing from the previous post.... Talking about "bath" day:) Luckily Yesterday was calm and my grandpa was happy to jump in the bath!
Although, The reason I am talking about this, is because of the "aggressive" side of the alien that is coming out now. He's not to bad at least... yet.. but a few times, as I said before its quite an argument to get him to go bath but sometimes its just a bit more difficult.
Last week I had asked him to bath because he refused to listen to Maria. Boy oh boy was that a bad day for him. I was told that I will not tell him what to do and he will tell god to punish me with Death. Now just a point, My grandpa was atheist and never bothered about god... Now he prays to his god everyday ALL day and says "Please my god, help me" every two seconds no matter who is around or whatever he is he doing. I think maybe It's a good thing that he leans on something or someone such as his god! Except, lol not when He wants to ask him to punish me with death hahaha but I just laugh it off because I know it's not my grandpa speaking.
It's an Alzheimers thing when you can have a full on conversation or even ask one question and they either dont hear you at all and you think they are ignoring you OR they give a completely random answer that has absolutely nothing to do with what you have asked. SO with regards to this, He will go wash his hands plenty times in the bath and if we ask him to stop and just rather get in the bath he carries on.
So, I had to try take the soap away to incourage him to climb in instead he tried to grab it from me and then raised his hand, He has tried to smack Maria too but he's never really got to the point of actually making contact... but as I say we just laugh it off:) Its the best we can do! Although! for the first time in.... I think its six years hes been staying with us... He swore! Saying "You people must't F*#k with me" twice! We were like Whoa! Haven't heard that word out his mouth in a loooong time!
He would also say I am nothing to him and I would say But I am your Granddaughter he would respond with, you are nothing of the kind...
LOL That's how you know he has forgotten his present Family....
Which will lead me to my next post about how far back his memory goes :)
Till the next post,
Loves,
Cait
No comments:
Post a Comment